Dental Pre-Procedure Instructions
Prepare for your cat’s upcoming appointment by following the instructions below.
In preparation for your cat’s dental appointment, we ask that you do the following:
- Complete, sign, and submit the dental and anesthesia consent forms (except for same day questions) at least 48 hours prior to the procedure.
- Withhold all food for 3-4 hours prior to your cat’s appointment (they can continue to have water). A small wet food meal can be given just before fasting begins.
- Give Cerenia the night before the procedure to prevent anesthesia related nausea.
- Give Gabapentin 1-2 hours before the appointment for mild sedation. In some cases, you may be asked to give this medication the night before as well.
- Bring familiar bedding and a small amount of your cat’s food.
If your cat is currently on any other medications, continue to give them as usual on the day of the procedure unless directed otherwise.